Sunday 15 March 2009

BLESSINGS FROM THE LORD

You came down as droplets of rain,

To relieve me of an agonising pain.

I asked the heavenly skies

What beyond your happening lies ?

It smiled a sweet-loving smile,

And took me along its thoughts for a mile.

A voice from above roared,

And echoed as well as soared ,

Unfolding blessings and a fragrance..........

That touched my life with an essence.

Suddenly I had you in my arms,

A divine child with exquisite charms.

You whispered- "Congratulations mother dear,

Now I have come and you got nothing to fear."

I said "Oh God what an angelic vision !"

She reassured, She was my creation.

Transfixed was I to see her smile,

Not belonging to my womb she comes to beguile.

As I sensed the moment of this magical beauty,

I wondered whether it was a dream or a reality.

She pulled at the chords of my motherhood,

And I had not one more chance to brood.

The moment still stands tall in my memoir,

When she came as my saviour.

As she grew I gave her a helping hand,

And nursed and cared till she could stand.

Honest and vibrant as she is,

I am sure nothing could be better than this.

A personal verdict if allowed by God,

I would say she is a gift of the Lord.

Today as she has moved on in her life,

She supports me in every strife.

The helping hand that I had once extended,

Has come back to me with love blended.

Thank you my darling for proving you are mine,

May in your life you forever outshine.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Dis one is for Didi..ryt??
    Simply grt!
    Keep Posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joys of being a mother....wonderfully expressed.

    I loved the lines:

    "The helping hand that I had once extended,
    Has come back to me with love blended."

    ReplyDelete